29 June 2008

Patrick is In The Motherland

I have now arrived in Germany and Karen and I are together at Landstuhl. Karen's Storknesting sponsor, Robin Sheehan, has been absolutely incredible! Robin and her husband, Andy, had a previous engagement when I landed, so they actually gave Karen their second car so I didn't have to take a cab. Amazing. I am just getting settled this weekend. We went to The Ramstein O' Club All You Can Eat Brunch today - all you can eat KING CRAB. Not snow crab but King Crab. Karen was in heaven. Ramstein has got it going on. They're selling tickets for Eric Clapton and REM. And on the 4th Gary Sunise (the guy from CSI New York) and his Lt Dan Band will be here playing with fireworks for free!

Karen is now scheduled to be induced on 11 July. So we may get to meet Katie Marie a little early. It may not be easy to get pictures up until later. The computer at the medical center only has internet - no other features I can access and the hard drive is locked up. I'll try the library later. We are doing well and miss everyone.

Hi to Joe, Melissa, Cameron, and Emily in Alaska. And congrats on Joe making Tech Sergeant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see this. I am glad that the two of you are now together awaiting for Katie!!!!! Love Mom