20 June 2007

Blogger Video Upload

I'm trying out the new Video Upload feature on Blogger. It seems pretty cool. You simply add it as a page feature and position it where you would like on your page. I have positioned mine down at the bottom for now and labeled it "Grow Your Musical Appreciation." If you click on one of the four video stills, the video will open up at the top of the page. I plan to rotate some of the music I like through this every now and then. The one feature that could be improved is it only does one search for all four videos. You can list multiple search criteria but it will still simply grab the first through fourth videos from that Google search. I would like to be able to post four different search criteria and have it pull four different videos based on individual search criteria - not one search based on multiple search criteria simultaneously - confusing?

I launched this with four different versions of Jimi Hendrix Hear My Train A Coming. Some great stuff here. The video of Jimi playing acoustic 12-string is a unique look into Jimi's acoustic abilities. The last video is nine minutes of Jimi performing and playing on The Dick Cavett show. This includes the part where Cavett brings up Jimi's Woodstock version of The Star Spangled banner as controversial. Jimi replies, "I thought it was beautiful."

23 June 07 edit update: I just realized that this feature seems to change every time it is viewed. It seems to do a video search every single time it is viewed. This means the videos can change without my knowledge. so, for example, even though I mentioned the Dick Cavett clip it may disappear if the number of hits it received drops below the four other videos based on my search guidelines. I wish Google would add a locking feature. That way you could let them search each time as they currently do or lock in the videos you desired.

No comments: