30 March 2008

Painting Katie's Room

We finally got around to clearing out the extra bedroom so we could paint it. The color is a little deceiving on the pictures here. It is a very soft-shade of sea-foam green. It appears a little darker here than I think it actually is. It matches some of the items in Karen's sea/beach theme she is working on.

We are accumulated some nice clothes but we need to get moving on furniture! We have the crib, an Under The Sea Carpet, a Kick N' Play, but we don't have any dressers yet. We need two but the BX only has one left. We may need to go into the alley to get that made. The shower is scheduled for this Friday, which we have off.

What else is new? Well the job at Miramar Brig opened up and I did apply for it but it sounds like the chances of me getting it are zero. I have been told I can not get out of my DEROS (date eligible to return from overseas). Even if I am the only person that applies, the Air Force will select a nonvolunteer before they give the job to me.

We have almost been here 8 months already! Every now and then we talk about what we think the remainder of our time will be like here. I think it will go pretty quickly. Karen will be heading to Germany in June for Storknesting. I will follow shortly after. Katie is due on 18 July. Apparently we will spend a busy ten days after Katie is born working on a passport for Katie. Then when we get back we will have one year left and only nine months left until we find out what our next assignment is. Plus, Octonodecembuary will begin just two months after we get back with Katie and we know how time flies during those months.

Well, as usual we are in the library as I post this. I actually here thunder outside - we may get a little rain. We will make sure pics are taken at the baby shower and are trying to find a new digital camera on-line. See you all on-line soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the room color for Katie. You both look good!! I also liked seeing "Katie' on the wall--I'm a grandma -what can I say!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! we wish we could be there with you guys. Actually, no, we wish youwere here with us!