02 February 2008

We Were Hacked!

Just to let everyone know we are OK and fine. Yesterday, Karen received a call from a friend of hers on base while I was at work. "Are you OK?" the friend asked. "Yeah....you just saw me an hour ago," Karen replied. Turns out, someone accessed our g-mail account around 1-2pm yesterday and sent out an e-mail with the title "It's Over" and a message saying I had had it with the Ar force and couldn't take it any more. Unfortunately, the message went to relatives, friends, friends of family, the incirlik spouses club, Karen's former boss and her current boss. So after Karen got ahold of me and determined that I was in fact still working for the Air Force and earning a paycheck - we then began to try to figure out what happened. I'm fairly certain it wasn't an actual hack but that someone got on the computer I had used the previous night at the library and was able to acces the actual gmail/google page I had accessed the previous night when he or she typed in the google address. We have seen it happen before on a specific computer at the library. Access to deleting history and cookies is disabled on this computer and I had manually shut the computer down thinking it would delete the actual logged on page - but it appears it doesn't. But we want to asssure all friends and relatives that everything is fine. If for some reason we are wrong and you receive and any sort of weird message, please call us and let us know. But i think we have it figured out. I am on the same computer now and it appears that I can now eliminate the problem.

Baby news: we tried to have the sex determined this past week but baby was not cooperating. I was able to see the heartbeat and some arm/hand movement but he or she was facing down from the side and the movement wasn't enough fo the doctor to make a determination. We will try again in about two weeks.

No comments: